Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Partnership
OperationOC Disaster Preparedness & Recovery Partnership will identify and assemble Christian churches and ministries and their resources in Orange County, identify core service areas, and facilitate and coordinate a collaborative plan to prepare for and respond to disaster in Orange County, in cooperation with governmental and community-based organizations.
To establish and maintain a coordinated Christian effort to prepare for and respond to disasters in Orange County.
The objectives of the Partnership are
- To prepare Christian churches and ministries to respond together in a coordinated fashion to disasters throughout Orange County
- To prepare the Christian community to work in concert with the Orange County Operational Area, the Collaborating Organizations Active in Disaster (COAD-OC) and other relevant emergency responders in the event of a disaster.
- To assist churches in developing disaster programs to prepare for and respond to disasters.
OperationOC has examined the needs and resources in the Christian community and identified core areas for response to disasters:
- Access and Functional Needs
- Case Management for Short and Long Term Recovery
- Communications – Electronic, Print, and Media
- Communications – Radio
- Emotional and Spiritual Care/Chaplaincy
- Home Repair, Demolition, Salvage, Tarping of Roofs
- Immediate Relief Supplies (gift cards, food boxes, hygiene kits)
- Mobile and Mass Feeding
- Mobile Medical Services
- Point of Dispensing/Distribution
- Sheltering (People and Pets)
- Spontaneous Volunteer Management
- Volunteer Coordination
Benefits of Partnership
- Respond as the Body of Christ, crossing denominational and programmatic lines
- Pre-established relationships enable quick collaborative response
- Opportunity to share information, expertise, resources, and manpower
- Increase breadth, range and duration of response
- Share best practices and access to training opportunities
- Central hub for field response coordination
- Provide platform for ministries of all sizes and emphases to engage in larger ministry response